We are looking for a Tools Engineer with experience maintaining the primary infrastructure that supports releasing games as a service. Help work with our designers, content creators, and engineers to enable quick turnaround on content, builds and continuous integration workflows. We depend on our ability to iterate quickly - we’re able to try new things, experiment and produce a fun game, and that is only possible if we constantly test and update.
As the Tools Engineer at C77, you will drive the development and release of an original IP, while keeping us nimble and ready to react to feedback both public and private.
Our Ideal Candidate
You have had experience architecting, deploying and maintaining a suite of tools for a live service video game. We are particularly keen to meet candidates who have experience with CI, tool development, platform and localization, and who have strong opinions about commit comments.
You have excellent communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively across a small team. Our ideal candidate knows how to argue for great ideas, and work through difficult issues, while also having empathy and care for their teammates.
- Help us build our internal build and release infrastructure using industry-standard technologies both in the cloud and on site.
- Release process automation systems
- Packaging strategies to keep our builds lean and efficient
- Build tools to help the art team in Unreal or DCCs
- Build tools to improve localization and accessibility
Required Qualifications and Skills
- 2+ years experience in tools and infrastructure for game development or related fields.
- Expertise with build platforms like Jenkins, TeamCity, or similar.
- Expertise with version control software such as perforce or git.
- Coding fluency in any of Python, C#, Node or similar.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- Experience building tools for content creators.
- Unreal Engine fluency.
- C++ skills.
- Development experience with a Platform such as Steam, Xbox, Playstation etc.
- Comfortable writing clear and accurate technical documentation.
Washington State Pay Range for this position is $130 - $180k per year. Within the range, individual pay is determined by additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, relevant education or training and other qualifications of the successful candidate.
This position is for a full-time employee. We are excited to have new employees join our team in Seattle, but are open to remote work for the right candidate.
C77 is led by Mattias Kylén and Kenny Magnusson; two Swedes with a long history in the industry. Together they've worked on several award-winning AAA titles, including leadership roles on franchise development teams such as Halo, Battlefield, and Mercenaries.
Located in Seattle, our team consists of passionate developers with deep experience in AAA game development and VFX.
Since C77 began in 2019, we’ve grown our studio by adding more diverse and creative developers as we continue work on our first game.
Some of the full-time benefits of working at C77 include
We offer a comprehensive benefits package for employees in the U.S. that includes:
- 20 days of paid time off, 12 days of paid sick leave, and 15 days of paid holidays annually.
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you and your spouse, domestic partner and dependents.
- Group health insurance including health, dental, and vision coverage.
- 401k retirement savings plan.
- Wellness Reimbursement Program.
- Employer paid short and long term disability coverage,, and life and AD&D insurance.
- Paid parental and other eligible leaves of absence.
- Paid relocation to Seattle.
Additional perks include; professional development & coaching support; flexible work from home days; and commuter transportation stipend for eligible Seattle based employees.
To apply please email your resume to email@example.com. A cover letter is appreciated but not required.
C77 Entertainment does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.